Detection techniques for mycotoxins in the food chain
ISPA - CNR
A one-week workshop-training course to be held at ISPA-CNR in Bari, Italy, under the aegis of the “MycoRed” project and ISM (International Society for Mycotoxicology).
The goal of the course is to demonstrate and teach traditional methods and new chemical and immunological systems for rapid, robust and user-friendly analysis of mycotoxins in the food chain. Much of the course will be spent on practical training in the laboratory.
- mycotoxins/toxigenic fungi: occurrence, risks and regulation
- overviews of major methods for mycotoxin detection
- chemical analysis of major mycotoxins by HPLC
- multi-mycotoxin analysis by LC-MS/MS
- rapid techniques for mycotoxin detection (ELISA, FPIA, LFD, fluorometric tests)
Trainees will be assisted individually in the laboratory by ISPA-CNR staff expert in instrumental and immunochemical analysis of mycotoxins.
External people could attend some live lessons (indicated in the programme with the icon * ) using an easy web-learning platform, after request for participation to be sent to